Terms & conditions
- The entity VF International with registered seat at Via Laveggio 5, 6855 Stabio, Switzerland, is the organiser of an international competition entitled “MOVE YOUR LEE” (hereafter the “Competition”), which will take place from 01/09/2016 until 15/12/2016 at 23h59.
- The current terms and conditions (hereafter “Terms and Conditions”) determine the terms and conditions of the Competition.
Acceptance and application of the Terms and Conditions.
- By participating to the Competition, Participants expressly and unconditionally accept to be bound by the present Terms and Conditions and no dispute relating thereto shall be taken into consideration.
- Any complaint relating to the Competition must be sent in writing within seven (7) business days following the end of it, at the headquarters of the Organisers. In no event will the complaints be dealt orally or by telephone. Complaints issued out of time, not made in writing or whose author can not be identified by name will not be processed.
- These Terms and Conditions may be consulted at any time at the following address: www.lee.com or upon request to the following email address: moveyourleeFW16@gmail.com
- The action is under the supervision of the Organisers. In case of force majeure, if any unforeseen event occurred or if challenged, the Organisers will take all necessary decisions such as to ensure the smooth progress of the Competition. Its decisions shall be final and binding.
- The Competition is targeted at finding and selecting pictures and videos uploaded by participants (hereafter the “Participant”) and which best matches the “Move Your Lee” campaign as determined by organisers at their sole discretion based on creativity and originality criteria. The Competition is not a lucky draw, game of chance, lottery or public lottery. No purchase or payment is required to participate in the Competition but Participants are responsible for all costs of participation, including taxes or telecommunication costs such as those incurred through the sending or receiving of SMS or any costs related to social media.
- Every week, the Organisers will select a winner who will win a Lee outfit (hereafter the “Week Prize”) comprised of one (1) top and one (1) bottom outfit for a maximum price of 300 EUR.
- The Organisers may select one or more winners at their sole discretion.
- The Competition consists of the selection, every week, of a « Winner of the week ». The Winner of the week accepts to be linked to trade activations of Lee Jeans Europe and to be promoted under the collective name “WINNER OF THE WEEK”.
- The selection of the Winner of the Week will be determined, amongst others, according to the following criteria: - The creative input of the Participants; - The originality of the entry sent by the Participants; - The expression of the intellectual effort and/or the personal touch of the Participants ; and - The relevance of each participation with regard to the Competition.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old as of September 1st 2016. By participating in the Competition, the Participant warrants that he or she is above 18 years old as of September 1st 2016. All employees of Lee Jeans Europe and distribution companies of all Countries are excluded from participating at the Competition and the same applies to employees of other companies involved in ensuring the Competition’s smooth execution. Any relatives from the people listed in the present article are also excluded from participating.
- You may enter the selection round of the Competition by ensuring that your local Organiser receives all of the following information between 01/09/2016 and 15/12/2016 at 23h59 (hereafter the “Eligibility Period”). - Eligible winners are required to submit to the Organisers all below information: - Full name - “Move Your Lee” picture(s) or video(s) - Size information (top size & bottom size) - Contact Information (email address and/or mobile number)
- Incomplete or duplicate entries, or entries received outside of the Eligibility Period, may be discarded without notice. Entries which are not compliant with any of the Competition’s Terms and Conditions may be discarded without notice. The Organisers are not responsible for any deficiency linked to social media (including but not limited to the impossibility, for the winner, to read or respond to the message sent by the Organiser through social networks within the deadline indicated therein. Organisers undertake the responsibility to carry one (1) attempt to send notifications about winning. If the attempt is unsuccessful the Organisers shall be entitled to decide forfeiture of winnings. If a winner cannot be contacted or refuses the prize, The Organisers will, at their sole discretion, select another winner.
Specific conditions to participate.
- You consent to and grant the right and licence on a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive and royalty-free basis, to the Organisers and their related corporations, licensees and service providers, to collect, use, duplicate, modify, transfer, transmit, perform, disclose and otherwise exploit all submitted information (including all photographs and videos), in any media or manner for the purpose of promoting the Move Your Lee campaign, including contacting you to authenticate you and any submitted information on your citizenship or residency status, to request for additional information and/or higher resolution photographs and videos to be included in your selection round participation, and to carry out such other activities as are necessary to administer or organise the Competition;
- You warrant that all submitted photographs and videos are solely created by you and you are the owner of all rights, title and interest in such photographs and videos (excluding references to the Organisers or any of their related corporations or any Lee Jeans Europe intellectual property such as logos and trade marks in such photographs and videos) or you warrant the clearance of the said rights;
- You warrant that all submitted photographs and videos do not contain the depictions, photographs, pictures, images, videos, representation or likenesses of any person of any individual or person who have not given his or her authorization or you warrant the clearance of the said rights;
- You warrant that all submitted photographs, videos and information are not defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate and are accurate and comply with the law as well as with article 8 hereunder;
- You agree to be bound by any decisions made by the Organisers, including their interpretation of these Terms & Conditions; and
- Each Participant of the Competition agrees to sign any documentation requested by the Organiser, consistent with these Terms & Conditions, upon request. In particular, the Winners agree to sign a document stating that they confirm that by accepting the T&C, they have given their permission to the Organisers to use their likeness and warrant that they have obtained the permission to use the likeness of other persons shown in the photographs or videos, as stated under of the present article.
- The Competition is not organized by, under the responsibility of, or sponsored in any way by Instagram LLC or any of its affiliates. Each Participant agrees to respect the terms and conditions of Instagram available on their website: https://www.instagram.com/.
- By participating:
Right to amend Terms and Conditions and to exclude participants.
- The Organisers may, at their sole discretion, at any time vary, delete or add any terms or conditions to these Terms and Conditions without any justification or prior notice.
Absence of Organisers’ warranties.
- The Organisers disclaim all warranties with respect to the Competition or the Week Prizes, which are provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory. Except for components of the Week Prize as described above, all other costs incurred shall be the responsibility of the participant. The Organisers shall not cover any Participants’ costs. The Week Prize cannot be refunded, exchanged, transferred or negotiated and no cash equivalent will be provided. The Organisers may at their own discretion substitute the designated Week Prize with another prize of similar or equal commercial value.
- Subject to the serious misconduct or intent of the Organisers, its staff or any direct third subcontracting party in the context of the Competition, the Organisers can not be held liable for any damages, direct or indirect, of any kind whether that would occur during or in connection with the participation to the Competition or result from the organisation of it, the designation of the winners or award (or non-award) of the Prize of the Week regardless of its cause, origin or consequences, even when the Organisers are aware of the risk of such damage.
- The Organisers disclaim any liability for loss or theft of the Prize of the Week, or illegal practice of any third party related to the Competition. In particular, the Organisers are not responsible for any stock shortage, errors of pricing in stores, sending errors, excessive delivery times nor any loss of prizes, to the extent that their shipment is insured by a third company excluding any involvement of the Organisers.
- The Instagram service, Instagram website or any Instagram application is made available by Instagram, LLC. Facebook is provided by either Facebook, Inc or Facebook Ireland Limited. Instagram, LLC, Facebook, Inc and Facebook Ireland Limited are not organisers of the Competition, are not affiliated with any of the Organisers and are not in any way associated with the Competition or the Organisers. Use of any of these services or applications are subject to other terms which are accessible through their respective applications, services or websites and such other terms are not applicable to the Competition and do not affect the Participants’ agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
Each Participant of the Competition shall indemnify and hold harmless each Organiser and their related corporations, directors, officers, employees and agents, and all others associated parties with the development and execution of the Competition (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, settlement sums, proceedings, costs, expenses, and/or liabilities, whether foreseeable or not, which may arise (whether directly or indirectly) out of, in the course of or in connection with one or more of the following:
- Submission and/or use by the Indemnified Parties of any or part of a Participant’s submission for any purpose described in these Terms and Conditions;
- The Participant’s failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws, rules or regulations;
- Unauthorized use or disclosure of the name, contact information, date of birth, depiction, photograph, picture, image, video or likeness, or the brand, trademark or logo, of any person or entity (including the Participant);
- Participant’s submissions, participation, attempt to participate, or inability to participate, in the Competition;
- Breach or alleged breach of any warranty made by the Participant in connection with the Competition, including in these Terms and Conditions;
- Acceptance and/or use of the Week Prize or any part thereof;
- Any right granted by the Participant to the Organisers in connection with the Competition; and/or
- Participant’s negligence, wilful misconduct, breach of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or of these Terms and Conditions, or his or her infringement of any third party’s intellectual property, proprietary rights or other rights.
- Each Participant of the Competition shall indemnify and hold harmless each Organiser and their related corporations, directors, officers, employees and agents, and all others associated parties with the development and execution of the Competition (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, settlement sums, proceedings, costs, expenses, and/or liabilities, whether foreseeable or not, which may arise (whether directly or indirectly) out of, in the course of or in connection with one or more of the following:
- For enquiries, including on matters of data protection or privacy, please contact the Organiser in your country through the contact details above.
- Organisers are committed to protecting your personal privacy in accordance with the Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the data processing of personal data and with regard to the law of 13 June 2005 on electronic communications. We provide this notice to explain the types of information we collect from you and how that information is used.
- Organisers may collect Participant personal information directly from him or her when the Participant submits personal information for example via electronic means such as e-mail, short message services, multimedia messaging services or through postal means. Such personal information may be collected when participating in the Competition. Personal information may also be collected through Organisers websites where it is submitted directly by the Participant or through the usage of cookies.
- Organisers will not sell or rent to third parties any personal information provided directly to them or through their website. However, Organisers may use information collected from Participants in the following ways: Organisers may use information collected to facilitate Participant’s participation in the Competition, inform Participants of the results of such Competition and, more generally, to ensure the good organisation of the Competition.
- Users of Organisers’ websites are encouraged to exercise caution when providing any personal information about themselves to be posted in public areas. Users may only provide information or material which they themselves have authority to provide to us or for posting on our websites.
- Participants agree that the photographs, pictures, images, videos or likenesses used directly or indirectly in the context of the Competition might be posted on Instagram, Facebook, websites and/or other media, by one or more of the Organisers and/or affiliates or any companies of Lee Jeans Europe.
- Participants may request the access to their personal information held by the Organisers hold about them, update, correct any inaccuracies or ask the Organisers to delete their personal information or . Such request should be made by writing with an official copy of the Participant’s identity document.
- Should Participants have any questions or concerns about the Terms and Conditions or the collection of information, participant shall contact the Organisers at the following email address: moveyourleeFW16@gmail.com
- In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between any translated version of these Terms and Conditions, the original English language version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
Governing law and jurisdiction.
- The Competition shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the United Kingdom.
- The Participants shall, in case of discussion about the application or interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, first seek an amicable solution with the Organisers before starting legal proceedings.
- If any of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions must be regarded as void or invalid, the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions retain their full legal force.